Welcome to The Loop, your inside track on what's happening at Manhood Journey. In this monthly post, we'll share a few hand-picked stories about the ministry. You'll find out what God's up to, learn about new products, hear testimonials, and get a peek at our prayer list.
In this post, I'll cover:
- Father On Purpose > Dallas
- Feedback from fathers
- Featured resource
- Top blog post for September
September has been filled with new blog posts and events scheduled to help you intentionally lead well. Here's the rundown of the news you need from September:
Let's start with prayer points. Please join us in praying about the following topics:
- Heart of Womanhood, the new mother-daughter ministry and Bible studies. Pray for continued blessing on the partnership. News coming soon—stay tuned!
- For wisdom in connecting with churches in and around Arlington, Texas about Father On Purpose > DALLAS. That folks would share this event. We'd love to see 250 dads attend.
- That we add monthly donors. Would you consider giving?
And now for your September news:
1. Father On Purpose > DALLAS
DFW dads! This event was created to help you build the next generation of godly men — Father On Purpose > DALLAS! We promised a major league announcement last month! We're pumped to have former Texas Rangers outfielder David Murphy on deck as our keynote speaker. Get it, "on deck", that's a baseball thing, right?! : )
Former Texas Rangers Outfielder
David retired from major league baseball in 2016 after ten seasons to spend more time with his family. He’s passionate about raising his children according to biblical principles. He lives near Arlington with his wife, two son, and two daughters.
Pause for station identification > Special thanks to Way-FM Dallas/Fort Worth for this awesome radio spot for Father On Purpose! Click here to listen and share on Facebook!
We need your help! Please share this event. Here's the blog post announcing Father On Purpose and here's the post where we guide you through 3 ways to help even you you aren't in Texas. Please take a moment to review and share this event with your friends. It's sure to be a great night for dads.
2. Feedback from fathers
We're always grateful to God for encouragement and kind words from the field. We received several emails recently about our MJ blog posts and I wanted to share with you:
- Thanks for the wise words this morning in my inbox! Definitely some good things to think about as I strive to be a better father for my kids. Love what you guys are doing! —Dave S.
- Good stuff! I definitely needed the reminders. It is tough in my business just shut it off but I definitely need to be more intentional about it. —John C.
- Thanks for your blog...men need it. More than ever I think men are finding it hard to find support and encouragement. You are filling some of this hole. —Nick M.
- Thank you for reminding me for being a godly man after work. May god bless you more. —Alvin B.
If you haven't yet subscribed to our MJ Blog, go here to signup.
3. Featured resource > You have to start somewhere. Start here.
We call it "Embarking" for a reason. We want you to start here! If you struggle to point your son in the right direction in this crazy world, our Embarking 1 on 1 Guide can be a biblical manhood compass.
Here’s what you'll find in the full 1 on 1 guide:
- The five (5) vital principles to make your time with our son valuable
- Preparing for the journey > The five (5) Big Rocks of a godly man
- Setting out on the journey
- Relying on the compass
- Seeking guidance along the way
- Encountering others along the way
- We have embarked—where to next?
This guide will help you and your son start talking about five key areas of biblical manhood. Get the Embarking 1 on 1 Sample and the Embarking Group Sample or go straight to the full guides of Embarking 1 on 1 and Embarking Group.
4. Top blog post for September
Our blog traffic has been stellar with 4,000 views this month! We're also excited to have 6,500 subscribers! If you're new, welcome! We had some great posts in September—if I say so! But which post took the top spot? Maybe you guessed it by the above image, you guys made our post 3 mistakes sabotaging your evening (and maybe your marriage and fathering) the top post for September. If you missed it, check it out.
Close runners up and worthy of honorable mention were these posts:
- Struggling to connect with your son? We have 6 ways to help.
- How to know if your child is being bullied, bothered or babied?
Ryan Sanders is the Director of Outreach at Manhood Journey. Ryan is married to Tonia and they have two daughters and one son. He lives in Reston, Virginia, serves at McLean Bible Church in Washington, DC and is a diehard Redskins fan. Learn about Ryan here and find him on Twitter @RyanSanders.