We're already closing the books on June. I'm as shocked as you are. It's been busy around here, but I can see God at work. Let's catch up on the ministry of Manhood Journey for June 2018. Pray. Connect. Give. Let's go.
Here are a few updates to keep in mind as you're praying:MJ Field Guides > We've connected with 10 awesome writers from across the world. Literally, one's in Zimbabwe. These guys have agreed to partner with MJ and co-write eBooks with us. So, instead of just this one eBook, by Fall, we'll have 10 additional eBooks—each built to answer your most-pressing questions. I couldn't be more pumped about this project. Pray as we continue working with these guys—as they are all busy pastors and leaders of other ministries. I'll introduce you to these them soon! For now, be patient. Aren't surprises fun?!
MJ blogs >
In case you missed them, 26 qualifications of biblical fatherhood and 25 ways to raise an angry child are getting lots of attention. Pray these posts continue challenging dads to lead well in the home.
God keeps blessing us with new partners. Here are a few June highpoints:
- Kent was out west > Kent had the privilege of speaking at a Crossroads Grace Community Church (pictured above). We're blessed to connect with church leaders on all things mentoring related to Kent's book Wise Guys.
- American Heritage Girls Annual Leadership Convention > Kim Wigginton over at Heart of Womanhood presented at this event. View the pics over on the facebook page. We're grateful for this partnership and l look forward to seeing God work through moms and daughters and these new friendships.
- Keith Boggs at Real Momentum > I enjoyed meeting Keith over coffee in DC (yes, he came all the way from Atlanta to my neck of the woods!) This guy runs a fellow men's ministry, is faithful to his church and happens to have 10 kids. Yes, 10! He (well, and his wife had something to do with it too) had their 10th child recently. God is good! You'll be hearing more about this ministry as we iron out details—excited about this new friendship.
- The Connected Father Partner Launch > We're closing the books on this resource midnight tomorrow (that's midnight Friday, June 29th). If you're reading this after June 29th—we're sorry you missed out! Just know we expanded this resource with more videos and interviews. You can still grab it here. Grab additional licenses with one click—for your small group and men's ministry. You're welcome! Check out some new folks we connected with such as:
We're excited about all of the partnerships happening. Consider connecting MJ with folks you know.
- Has your pastor heard of us? How about your men's ministry leader? Connect us by email—here's mine.
- What about the dad who'd be helped by our stuff? If a dad needs our resources, share the link to the free eBook and the free sample of our Embarking 1 on 1 Guide.
Manhood Journey attains Better Business Bureau Accredited Charity status!
This means we met BBB’s 20 Standards for Charity Accountability. It's a rigorous review process—words like "charity governance," "finances," "solicitation practices"—come to mind—there are 20 holistic standards. The result? We passed. So you can feel EVEN BETTER about giving! Manhood Journey’s full charity report can be found online at bbb.org.
On the topic of giving, we need more monthly givers. Please give and pray about connecting us with others in your circle who would to help financially.
Thanks for following our June ministry updates. Now, let's go help more dads build godly men.
Ryan Sanders is the Director of Outreach at Manhood Journey. Ryan is married to Tonia and they have three children. Ryan serves as Lay Pastor at McLean Bible Church in Washington, DC and is a diehard Redskins fan. Learn about Ryan here and find him on Twitter @RyanSanders.