I'm telling you, you have no idea how awesome this experience is. So I'm gonna tell you. This post covers all the fun things you can do while at Project Manhood. See what Country Lake has to offer. Let's go.
This event is created with you and your son in mind. We're helping you carve out 24 hours on May 17-18th at Country Lake Retreat Center to connect with your son.
Here are the details you need:
What can you do at Project: MANHOOD?
Well, first, there's the manapult. Kent reveals here:
Even without the manapult, Project Manhood is an epic event. It's 24 hours of dads and sons having all kinds of fun, fire, food and fellowship. Everything from hiking and canoeing to just chillin' in a hammock, we have SOMETHING for every father and son.
So, what can you do at this retreat? The short answer is...as much as you want!
The longer answer is...
- worship with other dads and sons
- do nothing
- stare at the trees (this is different than doing nothing—with this activity—you're enjoying trees)
- play basketball
- dads can connect with sons (seriously, you can. promise)
- listen to great speakers (have you seen the speaker lineup, come on.)
- play games
- canoe (wear a life jacket, guys, Country Lake provides those for free.)
- fish (bring your own fishing pole)
- dads can connect with other dads (when do you ever see this happening?)
- enjoy a campfire
- roast s'mores (no joke—we believe in s'mores)
- stare at the beautiful lake (this is different than staring at the trees, it involves the lake)
- hike trails
- sons can connect with other sons (and talk about your dads!)
- relax in a hammock (my personal favorite. second only to relaxing in a rocking chair)
- sip coffee by the fireplace
- sipping coffee in a hammock (actually, this is dangerous, don't do this.)
- kick back in a rocking chair (this is my favorite.)
- play paint ball
- grab a zip line
- other super epic things that we can't mention right now—just know it'll be awesome! : )
There you have it. Now that you know what you can do at Project Manhood. Here's what I ask that you do next:
Step 1 > Register now.
Step 2 > Share this blog post with one friend.
Can't see the video? Click here to watch Project: MANHOOD Trailer.
Ryan Sanders is the Director of Outreach at Manhood Journey. He holds the Master of Divinity from The Southern Seminary, is a Fellow at The Colson Center for Christian Worldview and serves as a Lay Pastor at McLean Bible Church. He and his wife Tonia have three children, live in Washington, DC and are diehard Redskins fans. Learn about Ryan, follow @RyanSanders, grab 7 Sins of a Disengaged Dad and the Field Guides for dads.