"That's right you're not from Texas. But, Texas wants you anyway..." or so says the Lyle Lovett song. Well, y'all, we're going to be in Texas next month and we need your help, even if you're not from Texas.
Here are three ways you can help us with our fathers-only event called Father On Purpose that's helping DFW dads build the next generation of godly men.
Father On Purpose > DALLAS is going to be an awesome night. We carved out three hours on Thursday, October 26, 2017 at Grace Prep Academy in Arlington, Texas.
Why am I telling you this? Because we're five (5) weeks out from the event and need your help. Here are three ways you can help reach DFW dads:
1. Pray for Father On Purpose > DALLAS.
Whether you register or share this event or not, please pray that DFW dads will see the importance of coming together for an event like this.
Here's what I want you to pray for:
- Pray for our speakers by name—David Murphy, Chris Harper and Kent Evans. Pray now. Stop reading this post and pray for these guys. Pray for their families. Pray God would protect their affections now and as they prepare in the coming days for this event. Pray nothing would get between them and God during this important time. Please God, protect them and bring them closer to you. Guide them. Help them understand your grace in their lives. May these men be faithful at home so when they stand to speak to the dads who'll attend this event, they will be credible, faithful witnesses—not with wise words or because of their great works—but because they understand more than ever—Your work. Did you pray with me just now? Guys, please pray (and keep praying) for David, Chris and Kent as they prepare between now and this event.
- Pray for the dads who will attend this event. We want the dad who attends this event to leave feeling confident he:
- Has the skills to be the leader God wants him to be
- Can communicate effectively with his kids
- Has tools to manage work and home life better
- Knows how to treat his wife with love
- Has the tips and tools to disciple his kids well
2. Register for Father On Purpose > DALLAS.
This event is only happening one-night. For one night and for half the price of a Rangers Boomstick Hotdog, you can connect with other dads and hear from three great speakers.
Now, don't live in DFW area? Fine, here's my audacious ask: Buy a ticket for a DFW-area dad you know. Take a second to think, do you know a dad in the DFW area? What's his name? Have his email? Okay, now, go and register him RIGHT HERE. Thank you. Be blessed. You're welcome! : )
3. Share Father On Purpose > DALLAS.
- with local churches and pastors you know in the DFW area. Share this blog post by emailing them.
- with your dad-friends. Think about dads tied to local sports teams (think coaches and parents of players) and dads at nearby schools who may want to attend this event. Share this post or the event page by email with these dads.
- on your social media channels. We have a Facebook event page here. Visit the page and click SHARE. Invite friends, share via personal message and share on your newsfeed in Facebook. On Twitter, click here to share. Please ask any church, school and ministry you know in the DFW area to share this event as well.
In case you haven't watched this video yet, learn more about this great event from Manhood Journey Co-Founder, Kent Evans:
Can't view the video? Click here to watch.
Here's the event details you need:
When > Thursday, October 26, 2017 6-9PM
Where > Grace Prep Academy, Arlington, Texas
We're pumped to see you in Texas!
If you want to be extra awesome and partner with us to promote this event, email me at email@example.com and I'll get you more details you can use to share with your network.